Here’s an interesting question:
What if we could all be our best selves?
What would that look like? How would we act?
How would we treat ourselves and others — every day — if we wanted to be our best and to help others be their best, too?
What can help us be our best?
Kindness — that invigorating, invaluable, and inspiring quality that lies within each and every one of us — is a powerhouse of possibility.
People often think kindness is a gift we give to others — through supportive words, helping hands, and random acts of kindness, for example — and they’re right.
However, kindness is also one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves because it has the beautiful ability to change us — truly change us — by improving our lives, our relationships, and our world in extraordinary ways.
It’s because kindness is love:
Kindness is purposefully doing our best to be our best and actively helping others be their best, too.
When we are kind to others, we make others feel valued:
- We help people discover their immense potential, stand by them with support and compassion as they battle adversity, and choose to love them despite their inevitable flaws and imperfections.
When we are kind to ourselves, we refuse to let ourselves be devalued:
- We push ourselves to maximize our own potential, work hard to triumph over our own adversity, and learn to genuinely love ourselves despite our own inevitable flaws and imperfections.
Kindness Is An Engine For Positive Change
Kindness is the engine that propels us forward, both as individuals and as a society, towards goodness and greatness.
It’s the engine that moves us to not only see the world as it is, but also as it could be by showing us the very best of human nature.
Kindness is also the engine that picks up speed the more ground it gains because kindness is contagious:
- The more people are kind, the more people will be kind.
- The more acts of kindness are done, the more acts of kindness will be done.
There’s no limit to the power of kindness to inspire and influence. There’s no mistaking kindness’ ability to elevate and excite.
The passion, light, and love that dares to radiate from one kind heart is all it takes to ignite a fire of feeling in another because, oftentimes, kindness is the mother of kindness.
Best of all, kindness doesn’t have to come in the form of huge, heroic acts to make an impact:
- Small acts of kindness that occur every day accumulate over time to create change.
- One kind act by one kind person can launch a ripple of kindness that moves across the world.
Smile by smile, moment by moment, and kind action by kind action — kindness builds.
Like money and information, kindness compounds.
No act of kindness is too small to matter. No act of kindness is too tiny to touch.
Brave acts of human kindness can counter cowardly acts of cruelty, and little acts of kindness can inspire large change.
Let’s Use Kindness To Drive Change
If kindness helps us be our best and kindness is contagious, then let’s intentionally spread kindness to change the world and our lives for the better:
- Let’s be kind to others by offering inspiring words of encouragement, sharing helpful resources, and performing acts of kindness – to both loved ones and strangers alike – to create the world we want.
- Let’s be kind to ourselves by striving to reach our greatest heights, freeing ourselves from the pain of past disappointments, and resolving to do our best to be our best — even when it’s hard — to become the people we want.
Most of all, let’s not wait.
Let’s not wish.
Let’s not hope our lives, our world, or our future will be better simply because we want them to be better.
Instead, let’s act:
- Let’s act kindly, every day, by doing acts of kindness — big, small, random, or otherwise — to not only make the world a better place, but to also make our lives and our relationships better, too.
- Let’s act boldly, in every way, to move ourselves in the direction of our dreams and use our lives to do the most good for as long as we’re lucky to live.
- Let’s act now — right now — to create smiles, brighten days, and be unstoppable forces for good who don’t just preach kindness, but practice kindness.
Kindness Is Essential
No one knows what the future will bring nor how our efforts will turn out.
But is there a better future worth fighting for than a future full of love and kindness?
Is there a better way to spend our time than to try to be our best selves?
Kindness isn’t that thing in life we’ve been meaning to do.
It’s that thing we do in life that gives us meaning.
Kindness Is Empowering
In our quest to be our best, kindness is too important and we are too precious to sit on the sidelines:
We each need to do our best to be our best so the world can be its best, too.
This requires us to work — to work on ourselves, to work on our relationships, and to work on the world so it can be a better place because we’re in it.
If you think you’re too insignificant to make a difference — think again.
If you’ve tried to create change in the past, but failed — try again.
Life is full of setbacks, but kindness is not a weakness:
Kindness is a strength because part of being kind includes being kind to ourselves.
When we’re kind to ourselves, we pick ourselves up when we’ve been knocked down, learn from our past experiences, and surround ourselves with people who strengthen us — not diminish us.
There will always be forces that seek to harm us, but we are all stronger than we think and more powerful than we know. We can push back against the forces that fight us and not just gain wisdom, but win.
We all have so much to offer this world, so let’s get to it.
Let’s live fully, laugh freely, lead faithfully, learn frequently, and love fiercely.
Two of the kindest things we can give ourselves are lives worth living and a world worth loving, so let’s do kind things every day — for both ourselves and others — to create the future we dare to dream.
Kindness Is Everything.
How kind can you be today?
A Rhyme To Remember
Kindness is love and all the good love can bring.
Since kindness is love, kindness is everything.
May we all be our best,
B. R. Best
Knowledge is power, but there’s satisfaction in action.
Do an act of kindness today.
One kind act by one kind person can start a chain of kindness that slowly changes the world.
Be that person.
Do that act.
Start that chain.
Kindness is everything.